Source: Bureau of Meteorology

For people in South West and parts of Lower West districts.

Issued at 10:54 am Wednesday, 9 June 2021.
Higher than usual tides and squally weather for the coastal area between Lancelin and Walpole on Wednesday and Thursday

Weather Situation: A low pressure system in the Indian Ocean will pass near the South West Capes late Wednesday and early Thursday. Strong to gale force northerly winds are occurring along the west coast prior to the passage of the low.
HIGHER THAN NORMAL TIDES may cause FLOODING OF LOW-LYING COASTAL AREAS along the west coast, particularly the Geographe Bay area. The Thursday morning high tide has passed and conditions may ease temporarily before the high tide on Friday morning where tides may be again be up to 0.5m above the usual high tide mark.
DAMAGING WINDS with gusts to 100 kilometres per hour are possible south of Mandurah and could cause DAMAGE TO HOMES AND PROPERTY on Wednesday night and Thursday morning. Localised DAMAGING WIND GUSTS to 90 km/h are possible between Mandurah and Lancelin overnight Wednesday into Thursday morning.
Conditions are expected to ease during Thursday.

Locations which may be affected include Bunbury, Busselton, Mandurah, Lancelin, Manjimup, Margaret River and Perth.

While winds of this intensity are not unusual in winter, typically they're from the opposite direction, south.

The Department of Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* If outside find safe shelter away from trees, power lines, storm water drains and streams.
* Close your curtains and blinds, and stay inside away from windows.
* Unplug electrical appliances and do not use land line telephones if there is lightning.
* If boating, swimming or surfing leave the water.
* Be alert and watch for hazards on the road such as fallen power lines and loose debris.
* Keep away from flooded drains, rivers, streams and waterways.
* Be careful of fallen trees, damaged buildings and debris.
* Be careful of fallen power lines. They are dangerous and should always be treated as live.
* Assess your home, car and property for damage.
* If damage has occurred take photos and contact your insurance company to organise permanent repairs.
* If your home or property has significant damage, like a badly damaged roof or flooding, call the SES on 132 500.